Short-termism, The Economics of Stadium Names, How Teens Spend Their Money, and Zuck Eating a Raw Onion
Market Talk, Edition 52, June 19th 2022
Market Talk is a bi-weekly Sunday issue, where I curate the best things I have consumed during the last two weeks. Every second Sunday I will share the following segments:
• 6x Must-Reads: The 6 readings I found most insightful, with commentary.
• Intriguing Trends: Highlighting a few intriguing trends from Glimpse.
• Other Items of Interest: A collection of other readings I found enjoyable.
• Great Listens: Podcasts, interviews, or videos I enjoyed.
• Something Interesting: A palate cleanser to round off the issue.
Masterworks 🎨 📈
I think we need look no further than what has unfolded over the past couple of years to highlight the benefits of avoiding being long one factor. As investors overexposed to tech have learned, diversification is a tool to plug the capital drawdowns in times of rotation. One only need observe the holes that sunk Cathie Wood’s Ark. Like that of an actual vessel, the quality of construction matters to portfolios as well as boats.
Now investors are looking to diver…